Intravenous (IV) Therapy
IV (Intravenous) Therapy involves the administration of nutrients (including vitamins, minerals and amino acids) directly to the bloodstream.
IV (Intravenous) Therapy involves the administration of nutrients (including vitamins, minerals and amino acids) directly to the bloodstream. This has many potential benefits compared to oral administration, including:
- Bypassing the digestive system (especially important for those with poor absorption or digestive concerns where their system may not be digesting optimally)
- Bypassing the liver (the liver eliminates a certain percentage of nutrients absorbed before they can be utilized by the body)
- Ability to provide a higher dosage than the digestive system can absorb
- Certain nutrients (such as glutathione) have very poor oral absorption Due to genetics, lifestyle, health state and conditions, an individual can have increased demands beyond what can be achieved through nutrition alone. IV therapy allows our Naturopathic Doctors to provide the individual with nutrients at a therapeutic dose.
As examples, IV therapy can be useful in addressing the following:
- Adjunctive Cancer Care
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Digestive Health (Malabsorption, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Heart Disease
- Immune Health, Cold and Flu Recovery, Chronic Infections
- Low energy and/or Adrenal fatigue
- Migraines and Headaches
- Neurological Conditions (Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease)
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Your first step towards a healthier you.
Attend one of our
Check out what is happening at Abaton and in our community
Check out our latest Instagram posts