- Sore nipples and breasts (it should not hurt!)
- Slow weight gain/weight loss
- Tongue, lip and buccal tie evaluations
- Preventing and supporting common challenges (ie Low blood sugar and Jaundice)
- Fussy babies: pushing away/pulling at the breast, biting, sipping to the nipple
- Infant Sleep: New night wakings, hard to put to sleep, wont sleep alone
- Candida infections in mother or baby
- Breast pain and Engorgement
- Vasospasms (shooting/throbbing in the breast after or between feeds)
- Colic-like behaviours, reflux, aerophagia
- Long and/or frequent feeds
- Baby Led Bottlefeeding and other feeding methods (lactation aid, cup, etc)
- Cesarean birth recovery support
- Multiples/Tandem feeding/Sibling support
- Hormonal conditions (maternal)
- Breastfeeding medically sensitive babies
- Induced lactation: adoptive, same sex couples, surrogacy
- Introduction to solid foods & Baby Led Weaning
- Breaking the rules! Education on demand feeding, not swaddling, and following cues not clocks
- Breastfeeding Basics
- Bringing Home Baby
- Understanding Infant Sleep
- Introduction to Solid Foods: A Baby Led Weaning Approach
- Transitioning Back to work: Daycare, Attachment, and Feeding
When: Every Monday from 1-4pm at Abaton Integrative Medicine
Location: 235 Randall st, Oakville. On site parking lot off Dunn St.
Fee: $50 per family
- This is a drop-in group clinic, to provide ongoing support to families experiencing Breastfeeding and Sleep challenges.
- If you have Breastfeeding concerns, our IBCLC will take down your recent history, examine your baby and assess a feeding, and provide solutions to move through your Breastfeeding concern. Families may come weekly to check in, have their latch assessed, or to make changes to current feeding plans. Some challenges require a more targeted consultation to start. If a one on one consultation is suggested, the initial visit will be discounted by our drop in fee.
- If you have sleep concerns, we will assess your history, your Infant and your sleep challenge and refer you to possible solutions for your family. We may suggest other practitioners who can help solve the underlying concern. We help within the range of biologically normal infant sleep support, and do not provide information or strategies on Sleep training.