Slime is all the rage and I have searched far to find a recipe for my kids that doesn’t include any chemicals but comes out just as good! Instead of reaching into a cleaning cabinet for Borax and contact lens solution, I wanted to reach into my pantry for ingredients! The recipe below got a thumbs up from the kids and mama.
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- natural food colouring (optional)
- Pour 8 ounces of water into a small-to-medium saucepan.
- Add food colouring if you are using it.
- Add one tablespoon finely ground psyllium husk to water and stir well. If the psyllium husk is not finely ground, you may grind it in a coffee or nut grinder for a powder-like consistency.
- Turn stove heat to medium-high. Watch carefully, and when mixture begins to bubble, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. DO NOT STIR as this will affect the finished product.
- At the 5 minute mark, remove from heat. Carefully pour into a small container and place in the refrigerator to cool. As soon as it is cool, let the fun begin!