Wet socks is a hydrotherapy treatment that is especially effective for relieving nasal congestion at night, helps to stimulate the immune system, relieves aches and chills, and promotes a restful night’s sleep when sick. This treatment is helpful for cold & flu symptoms, earaches, sore throats, and sinus infections. This treatment can be done at any age! You Will Need
- 1 pair of cotton socks (at least 90% cotton)
- 1 pair of wool socks (at least 90% wool)
- Step 1: Soak the foot of the cotton socks in cold tap water and wring them out completely
- Step 2:Soak your feet in a bathtub of hot water to warm them up
- Step 3:Remove your feet from the hot water and quickly dry them off. Immediately put on the cold wet cotton socks, and then over them, put on the dry wool socks
- Step 4:Get directly into bed and keep your feet covered during the night.
Your feet will start warming up within a few minutes of getting covered in bed. Any nasal congestion will usually start to be relieved within 30 minutes. After about four hours the cotton socks should be totally dry, your feet warm, and you should see an improvement in symptoms. Disclaimer: this information is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace professional medical advice. Please seek the advice of your Naturopathic Doctor or other qualified healthcare professional with any health-related questions you may have.